Participants of NJIT’s second annual comic convention, MiniCon, were able to purchase merchandise and memorabilia from their favorite comic series, anime shows, and mangas. MiniCon attendees could buy products from several interesting artists as well, here are a few of our favorites:
- One vendor sold homemade scented soaps and lotions. One particular fun product was a soap with a texture similar to jello. When frozen, this soap also acts as an aloe for burns.
- Several vendors sold gorgeous handmade flower crowns, woven bead bracelets, and earrings.
- Representatives from Gundamplanet.com were selling posters and robot and mecha model kits along with other action figures and accessories.
- Sarah Kowal, an NJIT student, sold handmade keychains and caricatures on cards.
- New World Manga, located in Livingston, NJ, sold manga for 5$ and had a special promotion where 5 books were sold for 20$.
- Another table sold handmade pouches, clutch bags, tiaras and flower crowns.
- One of the most popular vendors sold Pokemon, Totoro and Robotboy fan gear.
- KetsuMidi, anime artists based in Jersey City, were present, selling homemade pins and drawings.
- Other artists advertised photoshoots, sold homemade costumes, and drew portraits.
These vendors and the fun memorabilia they sold contributed to the success of NJIT’s second annual MiniCon. If you were unable to attend this year’s MiniCon, definitely stop by next year!