Engineering Recipes: Advocado Fries

Engineering Recipes: Advocado Fries

Healthy, creamy, crunchy, mmmm.

Avocados are simply one of the most delicious vegetables that I have ever feasted upon. The freshness of one with a hint of lime and bagoong, a condiment made of partially fermented fish, shrimp, and salt, is a summer snack that will surely be missed as we enter the fall and winter months.

However, we should not rule avocados out of the picture just yet. There are many recipes that avocados can play an integral role in many fall dishes from a gazpacho to chicken enchiladas. It can also work as a member of different salads and in many Spanish and Asian dishes.

Yet, as tasty as it is, avocados are treated as a garnish in many dishes instead of the main ingredient. Avocados have much to offer, so with that we will be making a healthy baked avocado fries recipe that is easy to make for when you have guests over and tastes great both hot and cold.

Prep Time: 5-10 minutes

Cook Time: 15-20 minutes

Servings: 2

Ingredients:

2 Large Avocados, sliced length wise and no more than a ½ inch thick

½ Cup of Flour

½ Cup of Panko Breadcrumbs, feel free to substitute with your favorite breadcrumbs

2 Eggs, beaten

Salt

Pepper

Prep

First, season the avocados with salt, pepper, and any other flavors you wish. Sometimes I go with garlic powder and cayenne pepper.

Dredge the slices in a light coat of flour, dip lightly in the scrambled eggs, and then coat with the breadcrumbs and then let it sit on a baking tray.

Cook

Heat the oven to 425 degrees and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it has a nice golden brown coating.

Let it cool and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.

This is one of the easiest recipes to cook that is a healthier alternative to fries or a great snack to make when you just can’t think of another recipe. Try this with brined tomatoes and some sliced eggplants for a really tasty meal. Pair with a warm pumpkin soup and you’ll definitely have a healthy and tasty meal that will take you away on a nutritious and amazing culinary journey. Definitely share this with friends, and try different vegetables and even fruits with this meal. See you next week as we go all the way to the Parthenon to tackle Greek Salmon Parcels.

As always, it’s not hard to engineer those recipes, and have fun with good eats!

by Romer Jed Medina