Club Spotlight – Dice and Decks

Dice and Decks is NJIT’s premier card and board game club. At its meetings, members can find almost anything they’d like to play, from board games to role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons. The club aims to bring together students with matching interests to connect with one another in an environment that can be fun, relaxed, or competitive.  

Meetings take place on Thursday evenings from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Campus Center basement’s Room B35. Starting in October, there will be meetings on another day of the week as well, which is still being discussed by the Eboard. The first ten minutes of the meeting are used to vote on new games for the club and the remaining time is for members to play any games that Dice and Decks have supplied. The game lengths and types are flexible and completely up to members.  

To get involved, there are various events coming up for the club! Besides the general club meetings, there is a Pajama Party game night on Sunday, Oct. 17 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., with movies and games in pajamas. There is also a board game tournament that will be taking place in the future! The club is a great place to make friends and enjoy the experience of getting to be back on campus with gaming partners.  

Something special about Dice and Decks is the sense of friendship and camaraderie it inspires. Starting from the first meeting, students were able to connect with people they had never seen before on campus and form meaningful friendships. Especially after the isolation of the past months, Dice and Decks provides a great way to get to know other students as well as the campus in a fun and relaxing setting.  

If you’re looking for varied games with worthy opponents in a fun-loving crowd, check out Dice and Decks! It’s a club filled with friendly members providing a great place to destress after classes or just form stronger bonds with your fellow students. Follow Dice and Decks @njitdiceanddecks on Instagram to catch up with their latest updates and remember to join them in Campus Center Room B35 on Thursdays for evenings full of fun and games!