GTK: Some Adult Things

Small or large, life-changing or convenient, we at the Vector would like to present information that could have an impact on its students and faculty, whether it’s information that can be used on campus, or off. Instead of being taken by surprise and unprepared, we have you covered. There is never any harm in learning something new because you never know when it could be used. At the end of each article our goal is to incur a mental or audible “That’s good to know”.

You are eligible for scholarships

Just because you made it to college does not necessarily mean you cannot apply for scholarships. There are a multitude of scholarships and awards that can help lessen the burden of tuition. Sites like scholarships.com, unigo.com, and collegescholarships.org offer opportunities for every kind of student.

New Jersey voter registration ends October 18

Time is running out to register for the upcoming presidential election. The requirements to vote are the following: voter must be a US citizen, be 18 years of age by November 9, live at a New Jersey address by October 9, not serving a sentence for a felony, not deprived of the right to vote for a criminal conviction, and not currently judged by a court to lack the capacity to understand the act of voting. If eligible to register you have two options, send in your registration form by mail or hand in the form in person. You can find the form online by specifying your state and you can check to see if you have registered at voter.njsvrs.com.

NJIT’s bi-annual Career Fair September 28

Next week on the September 28 from 12:30 – 4:30PM in the Fleisher Gymnasium and the Naimoli Tennis Center NJIT will be hosting the final Career Fair of 2016. What this means for students is that it’s time to clean up your resume and practice your small talk. While you can usually go online and look for what could be the “perfect resume”, NJIT offers students something more interactive through the Career Development Services (CDS). CDS can help you modify and improve your resume as well as getting students used to interviews through practice mock-interviews and what companies will be attending a career fair. On top of this they also offer workshops and their dates with them on their website (http://www.njit.edu/cds/) which also features interviews to help you discover and explore your many career options based off of your major and minor. You can find CDS in Fenster Hall, Room 200, which stays open on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.